Home

Tudor Games Main Site  

Go Back   Electric Football Archive > Electric Football > Get In The Game!

Get In The Game! Formerly "In The Huddle" - This is the main forum where everything about Electric Football can be discussed from favorite plays to organizing a league.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:52 AM
Ravenna Al's Avatar
Ravenna Al Ravenna Al is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 491
Thank you Tudor Games

I just wanted to say thanks to Doug at Tudor games for everything he does to keep electric football going. Also wanted to say good bye to the Miggle/Tudor chat forum. I have been a member on this board for 20 years and have met many great people through it. As a founding member of the MFCA, I have seen the hobby grow and improve through the years. If it wasn't for this chat board, electric football may have died a long time ago. It is with sadness that I will know it will soon be gone, but at the same time I know the MFCA will do everything in it's powers to keep the flame going strong. Goodbye Miggle/Tudor chat forum. You will be missed! Thanks for the memories....... :

From your old pal

Last edited by Ravenna Al; 04-18-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-18-2015, 11:33 AM
eflfanatic's Avatar
eflfanatic eflfanatic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Posts: 201
Thanks

I first found this forum in 1997 and it was through this forum that I discovered all the people that had the same love and passion for this game and hobby that I had. It will be missed but will continue through the MFCA.

Thanks to all who have been an intrigal part of the Tudor Forum and to all the people whom I have met and forged lifelong friendships with through this forum.

It has been an amazing 18 years.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-18-2015, 11:50 AM
warriorman warriorman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 34
Thanks Miggle/Tudor

I was blessed to fing this site back in '96. It's been a wonderful 19 years. Met alot of great guys here.

Hope too see all of you guys over at the MFCA.

Thanks for all the memories !
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2015, 12:15 PM
ChrisStacey ChrisStacey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 229
Farewell old Friend ........

Gone but not forgotten......Good times and good
memories.It brought ALOT of us together for many
good times and has produced alot of enduring friendships.
Thanks Doug/TUDOR ..Now, Onward and Upward !

SEMPER FI,
Chris Stacey
Hampton,Va
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-18-2015, 01:54 PM
tonyj tonyj is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 26
WHY?? Why is Tudor games taking down this chat forum?

Not a good idea.

Tony
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-18-2015, 02:28 PM
Commish's Avatar
Commish Commish is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sammamish, WA
Posts: 166
This is why...

Withdrawing Support for this Community Site

Greetings to all loyal fans and followers of Electric Football! We are planning to withdraw support for this site within the next 10 days. We have decided that the best way for us to serve the large and growing community of Electric Football enthusiasts is to let you know about another site, where Electric Football information is actively shared and discussed. In our opinion, having discussions splintered among different sites is not the best way to serve the Electric Football enthusiast, so we will be shutting this site down.

The Miniature Football Coaches Association (MFCA) is a group of enthusiasts, collectors, and competitors that truly love Electric Football, and we believe that their website and bulletin board-style forum serves the hobby well. We will continue to share information on our popular Facebook page, on Twitter, and we will be bolstering our efforts on other social media sites as the year progresses.

You can find the MFCA web site here: http://miniaturefootball.org/
and the forum discussion site is located here: http://www.miniaturefootball.com/forum/

This decision was not an easy one to make, as Tudor Games always wants to provide information and a gathering place for our customers and enthusiasts, as the company has for many years. However, because of the great job that the MFCA is doing and in the interest of doing what is the best thing for the hobby, we believe that one central gathering place is best. Watch for exciting new announcements as we share newsworthy information with the MFCA and gear up for the Electric Football World Championships and Convention in cooperation with the MFCA.

We are dedicated to bringing even more new and innovative Electric Football products to market as we enter our first full year as an NFL licensee. Stay tuned for more innovation and fun!
__________________
- Doug
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-18-2015, 04:11 PM
tonyj tonyj is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 26
I see..

If you look at it that way, then I see your point. Yes, the MFCA forum/website has being doing a lot to support our EF hobby. One EF support forum would work better than two.

To make this work like you are saying, then I am taking it that the Tudor Games website will have a link to the MFCA forum after the miggle/tudor forum is taken down, correct?

Only concern I have now is that MFCA forum has some sections that you have to be a paid login member to view and be able to post on.

I am not saying to take away the membership fee to view and post on every page. I am saying that maybe the MFCA could look at adding some more sections that are free to view and post on.

Having a 100% free EF support forum will be missed after taking this forum down.

Tony
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Commish's Avatar
Commish Commish is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sammamish, WA
Posts: 166
To Tonyj, our work to promote Electric Football and our relationship with the MFCA helped convince them to open up all but a few forums for free. You're fairly new to this but 6-12 months ago, you had to pay past a 30 day trial to post in all the MFCA forums. Now you do not. This change has been in the works for some time now. By the way, if you want to get access to the few forums on the MFCA that are not free, it's probably worth it to do so and pretty affordable at $1.67 per month for a one year membership.
__________________
- Doug
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:07 PM
tonyj tonyj is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 26
Doug, thank you for this info. Yeah, I am a little behind on what I thought you had to pay for to view on the MFCA forum.

I found it is free now in the sections I thought you had to be a paid member. You just have to register for free to view that section now. My bad.

Doug, thank you for pointing this out to me. Now I see the big picture on how you all are viewing this now.

This is a great thing how Tudors Games is bring together the Miniature Football Coaches Association (MFCA) and Tudor Games (Electric Football). Thank You!

Tony
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-19-2015, 12:53 AM
Chuck Cantrell Chuck Cantrell is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commish View Post
Withdrawing Support for this Community Site

Greetings to all loyal fans and followers of Electric Football! We are planning to withdraw support for this site within the next 10 days. We have decided that the best way for us to serve the large and growing community of Electric Football enthusiasts is to let you know about another site, where Electric Football information is actively shared and discussed. In our opinion, having discussions splintered among different sites is not the best way to serve the Electric Football enthusiast, so we will be shutting this site down.

The Miniature Football Coaches Association (MFCA) is a group of enthusiasts, collectors, and competitors that truly love Electric Football, and we believe that their website and bulletin board-style forum serves the hobby well. We will continue to share information on our popular Facebook page, on Twitter, and we will be bolstering our efforts on other social media sites as the year progresses.

You can find the MFCA web site here: http://miniaturefootball.org/
and the forum discussion site is located here: http://www.miniaturefootball.com/forum/

This decision was not an easy one to make, as Tudor Games always wants to provide information and a gathering place for our customers and enthusiasts, as the company has for many years. However, because of the great job that the MFCA is doing and in the interest of doing what is the best thing for the hobby, we believe that one central gathering place is best. Watch for exciting new announcements as we share newsworthy information with the MFCA and gear up for the Electric Football World Championships and Convention in cooperation with the MFCA.

We are dedicated to bringing even more new and innovative Electric Football products to market as we enter our first full year as an NFL licensee. Stay tuned for more innovation and fun!
Is there a way some of the great threads from this site can be transferred to the other site? For example, "The Hogleg Era : A Pictorial guide" and bigmen and hogs pictures thread by capanther.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Ray F Ray F is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brookeville, MD
Posts: 174
Chat Board

My thanks to Doug of Tudor Games and to the Landman’s at Miggle Toys for establishing and maintaining this Chat Board for so many years. I too found this chat board around the 97/98 time frame and was glad I did. I remember reading about the EF events in Cleveland and Philly but did not attend. I was overjoyed to learn the EF Superbowl was coming to DC in 2000. I had met so many great people on the chat board and was finally able to meet many in person. I’m sure it was a tough decision to close out this chat board, but it makes the best business sense to leave the development and manufacturing process to Tudor Games and let the MFCA club membership take care of new and potentially new EF enthusiasts from a chat board perspective. Thanks, Ray F
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-19-2015, 05:49 PM
eflfanatic's Avatar
eflfanatic eflfanatic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Posts: 201
Transfering Info

Quote:
Is there a way some of the great threads from this site can be transferred to the other site? For example, "The Hogleg Era : A Pictorial guide" and bigmen and hogs pictures thread by capanther.
I think Weirdwolf is working on this.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-20-2015, 10:09 AM
WEIRDWOLF's Avatar
WEIRDWOLF WEIRDWOLF is offline
MFCA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kansas City-Deep In
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Cantrell View Post
Is there a way some of the great threads from this site can be transferred to the other site? For example, "The Hogleg Era : A Pictorial guide" and bigmen and hogs pictures thread by capanther.
Chuck , we are working on preserving the posts and threads from this site in a searchable archive on the MFCA forum. You won't be able to create new posts in it, but it will be there for people to search. Once there, some of the better posts can be copied over and start new lives. We are also open to ideas and suggestions for new or other forums that may not already be covered on the MFCA site.

For TonyJ, only the trading forum, the non-miniature football forum and the MFCA Downloads sections are closed to free view. Otherwise the remainder of the site is available minus the bells and whistles of avatars, messages, etc.
__________________
The MFCA
Miniature Football Coaches Association

http://www.miniaturefootball.com/forum/index.php
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-21-2015, 08:05 PM
LARamsfan LARamsfan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 20
The more exposure EF receives, the better

I just happened to go this forum today and saw the news that this forum will be shut down. I know about the MFCA and I was a member there a few years ago until they started to charge for membership. Plus, there were a few members that posted inappropriate pictures (like half naked women) in their avatars. Not a good idea when you are a married man with 2 kids.

Since Tudor will shut down its forum, I will use other avenues like Facebook and Youtube for electric football.

I want to know how I can contact the owner of Tudor games regarding electric football and its other products like electric baseball? I have ideas I would like to share. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-22-2015, 01:19 AM
Commish's Avatar
Commish Commish is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sammamish, WA
Posts: 166
Thanks Chris Bopst for a kind and thoughtful post! Could not agree more with the opportunities that lie ahead.
__________________
- Doug
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-22-2015, 08:56 AM
mr excitement mr excitement is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 31
Why do I get the feeling this all is an excuse for a money grab.The MFCA site is NOT free. You only get free access for 30 days and then they charge you an annual fee. Uh, no, I don't pay to join websites. No thanks. There is really no reason that Tudor could not keep this website up. Like others, I will find alternate means to accessing EF.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-22-2015, 10:42 AM
WEIRDWOLF's Avatar
WEIRDWOLF WEIRDWOLF is offline
MFCA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kansas City-Deep In
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr excitement View Post
Why do I get the feeling this all is an excuse for a money grab.The MFCA site is NOT free. You only get free access for 30 days and then they charge you an annual fee. Uh, no, I don't pay to join websites. No thanks. There is really no reason that Tudor could not keep this website up. Like others, I will find alternate means to accessing EF.
That is incorrect. It was that way, but anyone who signs up as a basic user now has the entire site FREE minus the trading forum, non electric football forum and the MFCA download area. Also, for basic users there are no avatars, message pms or post signatures. Basically the bells and whistles. Otherwise ALL info regarding electric football is free and open for posting just as the Tudor Games site was.
__________________
The MFCA
Miniature Football Coaches Association

http://www.miniaturefootball.com/forum/index.php
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-22-2015, 01:39 PM
mr excitement mr excitement is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 31
Okay, thanks for clarifying.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©2015 Tudor Games, Inc. :: Electric Football® is a registered trademark of Tudor Games, Inc.